Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October has been a hard month for me for the last 2 years. Many of you know that Hali's dad died 2 years ago on October 30th. Well today I got some terrible news from Findlay. My 11 year old nephew father died this past weekend. The circumstances are so similar to Hali's father. . . I need to call my sister-in-law. . . but I haven't a clue what to say. I could tell her it is gonna be all right, but that wouldn't be true. I could tell her it wasn't her fault, but she will have a hard time believing that right now. I could tell her Brandon (my nephew) will be just fine, but he really will not. I am so deeply saddened by this but I can not cry, because I feel like I have no tears left. Basically I am reliving my tragedy through this awful event and I just don't think I will be much help to Her. I guess when I call her I will say. . . I will pray for you guys. . . for nothing I do or say is going to reduce the pain they are feeling only God can do that. . .If you pray. . . Please pray for the family, and my nephew and sister-in-law especially.

2 comments:

Mrs. Suttor said...

Sometimes just letting them know you care and understand is good enough.

Sarah said...

God has equipped you, Heidi. And I will pray that He meets all of you in this.