Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ok, so I really am not a 2 posts per day kinda girl. I have a hard enough time with one. But today, just now actually I got a phone call from my cell phone. I was perplexed. "Umm, hi. I have your cell phone. I found it outside of Joann's a couple minuets ago." I didn't even know I had lost it. After the initial shock, I stumbled over the words, "So if you are calling me on it I am guessing that your gonna give it back?" "Uh, of course, I will be at the taco bell eating lunch for the next 30 minuets or so. . ." "Oh well I will come and get it there if you leave it with the manager, later cause I just laid my kids down for there naps." "Well where are you at cause maybe I could drop it by there on my way home." "Man I am way over here in Stevensville, pretty far from there I wouldn't ask you to do that." "Hey, its no problem, really. . ."
So I gave this chick my address, and directions to my house. And 10 minuets ago she knocks on my door. She was like, "I didn't want to ring the bell and wake the kids. . " All I could say was, "You are Awesome! God Bless you REALLY!"
She left, I don't know her name, where she lives, and probably will never see her again. It all reminds me of one of those EBay or car insurance commercials, were people just do nice and good things. . . just because. I am in awe. I didn't even know it was missing. Wow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is nice...and I am glad that you guys aren't thinking of helping out Rob with the church plant, after we laid TONS of hints about helping us in Chicago. Remember, we asked first:)

love ya,

Heidi said...

Oh man No WAY I would so rather "plant" in Chicago!! Alanta is just way to. . . southern ;-)

Sarah said...

Great story! I love it when people do nice things for others. That story made my day!